Christmas Movies

Thursday, December 15, 2011
Disclaimer: I'm not in  bad mood. xD

CHRISTMAS IS...

Decorations. 

Hot CoCoa.

Christmas Trees.

Snuggling. 

Crappy, cheesy movies my mother forces me to watch. 

Seriously. Almost every day has ended with a piece-o-crap Christmas movie that makes me want to go puke in the tree stand. Yes, I am aware I'm sounding like a Grinch. No hating. 

I love Christmas. I freaking ADORE it. But I entirely loathe (haha, a good Christmas movie right there) bad, so-sappy-my-jaw-is-stuck-to-the-floor Christmas movies. The holidays aren't for curling up and watching movies about Timmy, the poor boy who wins the lotto, gets cancer then DIES. Oh, wait. No, everyone sings a Christmas carol at the end and sheds a few tears for Timmy. That makes everything better! 

Timmy is probably thinking, "FML...oh, wait. I'M DEAD, PEOPLE. YOU COULD DO A LITTLE MORE." 

Anyway. I'll stop being Mrs. Grinch and tell you about Christmas movies I DO like. 

Everyone likes the classic tale of A Christmas Carol. I like it even better when the Muppets do it, or when there is a clever twist on it, like Scrooged. 

I also love How The Grinch Stole Christmas. I remember when I first saw it, I was scared of the Grinch. And too this day, in the beginning, when he does that evil smile, I can not look with out screaming. Seriously. I don't like creepy smiles. They haunt me. They haunt me like mental images of fat dudes in spandex. 

One of my all time favorites is A Christmas Story. I laugh a billion times no matter how many times I see it. Honestly, if you don't laugh in that movie, or don't think its funny, then you're ether the Grinch's ugly child or your insane. Just letting you know. 

And I don't mind exploring all the Christmas movies out there. But, honestly, half of them turn out to be directed towards burnt out mothers who want to sit on their bum, down too many sugar cookies and cry. And I'm pretty sure those mothers would agree half of these Christmas movies don't even cut that ribbon. 

So, in short. I like Christmas movies. I love Christmas. 
I hate stupid, sappy Christmas movies that have no point other than to make you puke. 

Ho, ho, ho! (I'm not in a bad mood. Just thought I'd share my thoughts on bad Christmas moves. xD) 

**Jocelyn**

0 comments:

Post a Comment