Truth Is...

Sunday, August 21, 2011
I think once a week, I'll do a truth is. You know, like that annoying thing people do on FB, but for blogger. Feel free to join in. :]


My Truth for this week is:
I want to fall in love. 


I'm the girl that is always saying, no, I don't want to fall in love. I don't want a guy. I don't need a guy. And at times, I believe this, but at other times, I think I'm a big, fat liar. 


There are times I sit there and feel so lonely that I cry. Yes, I cry. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, crying, but I do it all the time. I feel so weak when I do, but the fact is, I do. It drives me crazy. I get so frustrated about me crying that I cry some more. It's a messed up circle. I might be a girl, but I never act like most girls I know. I'm not 'dramatic' in front of other people. I usually keep all the drama to my self. I don't care much for cheesy romances, but I do want one of my own, sort of. 


I like to create cute outfits, but I hate shopping. I hate fingernail polish. I run with the guys, usually. And, well, I understand guys a lot better than girls half of the time. 


So, when it comes to something like this, I really get pissed. I hate acting vulnerable and emotional, but in some ways I have to in order to become stronger. You know what I mean? That's one reason I created this blog; so I could let things out and not feel totally awkward when I do. Okay, I might still feel awkward at times, but it's way better to vent on here than to my 50 year old mother or best friends who don't actually understand. 


Okay, so. I do want to fall in love. I just don't want to be dumb about it. I want to make a wise choice and pick the right guy. The problem is, my standards are so high for guys and, well, I'm not exactly #1 on any guys list. In fact, I'm starting to think I'm #1 on the DO-NOT-DATE list. Oh, gawh, I hope not. 0.o 


Does anyone else feel like a loser when they admit things like this? It kind of, I don't know, bugs me that I do. I know I shouldn't, but I do. 


Wow, I'm a lot more emotional than I thought. Maybe it's a good thing that I don't go sob-storying everyone I know. xD lols 


...I think I'll go have a few mood swings before I got to bed...


**Jocelyn** 



4 comments:

  1. Ovais said...:

    Blogs are meant to be a place to let things out.

    If we keep everything inside, how are we going to live everyday?

    I'm sure that you're not on the Do-Not-Date list.
    There's someone out there waiting for you, but you either haven't realized it yet, or they haven't decided when to tell you yet :)

  1. Kashaf A. said...:

    Getting a in a relationship in not a MUST. You SHOULD wait until the right guy comes in to your life. Oh, and you don't need a shoulder of a guy when you are sad. Even if you have none other. You have to be strong. Hahaha i KNOW i am #1 on the DO-NOT-DATE list. But i have no problems with that. It may be cuz of my short height and my unattractive features. Or because I'm a late bloomer. But that's alright. I would prefer a guy who would fall for my personality rather than my looks. BTW we have a lot in common. Oh, and thanks for following. :)

  1. Jocelyn said...:

    Ovais- Very good point! I go between wanting to let it all out and wanting to shut it all in. I'm a wreck at times. lol

    ME-
    Yeah, I agree! (Not about you being the #1 on the do-not-date list! lol) And I love your blog! :D

  1. ... said...:

    Trying to be strong and not show your vulnerable side isn't a bad thing. All my life, I've hidden what I thought as well. Sometimes it's easier that way.

    Oh and guys really are easier to understand. For one thing, they don't usually act like something they're not, nor do they ever create a lot of drama. My best friends are guys and everyone knows that.

    And it's not wrong to have high standards for guys. You just don't want to get hurt and that's totally understandable. Patience is a virtue, remember that. One day, you will find the right guy and you'll have the life you always wanted.

Post a Comment