Love and Bones

Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Stepping out of my comfort zone here. 
I'm going to share some writing with you. I'm going to show you one of my poems I dug up. Please, enjoy. :] (Oh, and some NaNoWriMo writing will show up eventually. *HINT,HINT*)

Love and Bones
Hopelessly left. The world is done,
I'm a sloth at best. 
I make marks upon a stone of remembrance, 
of what? 
Restless nights, sweet coffee and the battle for sanity?
Will it be of my tread, 
one of logic and thought? 
Or will the etching cast shadow,
on my oddly shaped name? 
When I write these words, 
I hope with bloody hand,
from toil and pain that result in strength. 
Or shall I write in scrawl, 
that has no meaning, no value?
Is that meandering path I choose,
one long and troublesome,
full of destruction? 
Or, maybe, my feet will drag across,
the grounds of a path,
worth all things I have lost. 
Will they walk down a path,
of wonderful light,
full of triumph instead of blight?
Oh, these words I carve,
oh the words that rest on this stone,
will they they be love, 
or simply bone? 


That probably made no sense to you. But it doesn't matter, because it made sense to me. Oooh, and it would be awesome if you left your interpretation of the poem in the comments. :D

:D

**Jocelyn**

3 comments:

  1. ... said...:

    Poetry has never been my strong point, sadly, but I feel like you're talking about paths, like trying to etch the words into stone, to see if it will last, if you make your marks upon the world.
    I'm probably wrong, but that's how I look at it =) I like this one though, will it be in the nanowrimo story?

  1. Jocelyn said...:

    You are really close! :D
    Poetry is not my strong point ether, don't worry.
    But, yeah, I'm talking about, kind of, what people will think of me when I'm gone. What my mark will be when I leave; what my gravestone will say (hence the carving part).
    No, it is not in my NaNo story. I'll post some of that later. :]

  1. ... said...:

    Yayy, I was close =D Still, this was a really good piece. I've never understood how people are able to use poetry to say one thing and mean another.
    Yes, please do =D I might also post mine, but I've only got like 3000 words down =(

Post a Comment