Almost A Star

Monday, August 22, 2011
It started when I feel asleep,
a quite whisper in my ear.
I told me everything I wished to hear,
"One day you'll be shining bright,
blinking in the bright starlight.
You'll dazzle the world,
with your beauty and grace,
and you'll be the light of the night.
One day you'll be a star, so bright,
one day you'll be that star, 
just not tonight." 
I woke with heart beating fast,
because in my head there was an image,
of the things I want and wish to be. 
All day I stood, seeing my coveted future, 
painted in an beautiful image. 
And as I lay down again at night,
I heard the voice loud and clear,
"One day you'll be a star,so bright,
one day you'll be that star,
just not tonight." 
So, everyday, I wake to find, 
that lovely image in mind,
and as night closes in,
and I fall asleep,
I hear that haunting melody.
But now I know everything,
now I know the truth in me.
Now I know what I'll be,
I'll be that star, shining bright,
I'll be that star, some coming night.
**Jocelyn**

Imagine being this beautiful. (Okay, so I'm not totally sure that thats all star, but it's still beautiful.) I do not own.
 **Jocelyn**

0 comments:

Post a Comment