State of the Arts

Friday, August 26, 2011
I'm reading a book called State of the Arts by Gene Edward Veith JR. It's for school, which made me automatically put it into the 'probably cool, but I won't understand it' category.


I'm proud to say that I understand and it and love it. I can't look at art the same anymore! I'm only a couple chapters in, but still, I'm finding it amazing. If it wasn't for the stupid research papers, I'd really like art class. I'm an artsy girl, but I hate research papers. I hate a lot of things about school. I also like a lot of things about it too. 

I'm loving Biology and Logic, but not Art History because of all the projects we have to do. Hey, it's what I have to do for an education. Hahaha! 

Anyway, the book is truly awesome. I can understand all of it; that's a huge plus. And it's so...informative. And I feel so smart now. xD It gives you a new way too look at all the art you see. From the art in a restaurant to the paintings in a museum. My class should be going to an Art Museum. We're suppose to be able to identify any artist work, the time period and what style it's in by the end of the semester. I hope I can do it. I would really like to be able to do things like that. Next semester it will be music that we study and we're going to have to do the same thing.  

Sadly, I have to get back to doing Art History that I don't like. =|  

**Jocelyn** 

2 comments:

  1. Angelique said...:

    I've read that book too. It's awesome :D

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I know what you mean. My art history class in high school was the biggest joke ever; he liked to have us watch Marilyn Monroe movies and talk about clothes, and we never really discussed anything in the book. I bought our text for myself on Amazon, and it's one of my favorite books.

Post a Comment