iPod Note

Sunday, November 6, 2011
I wrote this note on my iPod a while back. I was on a short trip to VA with my family. I was hanging out with my brother, his girlfriend and a couple of their friends. Or, I should say: tagging along because I have no life.

Anyway, we were at this river. I scrambled up onto this half-living bridge and wrote this note. I found it recently and decided to share it. I'm keeping all the typos because it's a memory, not a school paper. So, yeah.  Hope you enjoy. :]
(BTW, do you know how hard it is to write something this long on an iPod touch. Well, it's pretty dang hard.)




Sep. 4, 2011
It was strange; a place so beautiful only stirred her imagination the smallest bit. Even when she breathed in deep and stared at the light bouncing across the water, her heart didn't swell with excitement. It only gave a pathetic jump and went back to it's original beating.

The planes roaring just above her head reminded her of the place that never failed to take her breath away. She longed, with all of her unstirred heart, that she was in one of those planes, staring out it's window, amazed by something as simple as height, lights dancing below and the feeling that she was one step closer to God.

That's how she wanted to feel, like she was closer to God. Like she could reach out and touch his beautiful face. Gods face. Its even better than staring out the window of a plane.

The idea amazed her. She couldn't think of anything more beautiful than stepping into the sky, wether by mountain or plane, climbing a wall or even sitting and looking out over a river, higher than someone.

She looked around all the couples, trying to figure out how she fit into the jigsaw puzzle. It felt like every space was filled and she was the piece that didn't belong to this puzzle.

"Then which freaking puzzle box did l come from and where the hell is it?" was the first thing that crossed her mind. She was sick of it, she had come to that conclusion Long time ago.

Being alone had gotten boring. She was sick of talking to animals and only getting a whine for more food as a reply. She was sick of using the Internet to talk to people, it was so impersonal, you could never figure out what people really meant.

It was depressing, being alone. It felt like no one else knew how it felt and never would. And worse of all, it felt like it would always be that way. She would always feel completely alone, no one near her, even in a building with hundreds.

She looked over the water again, hoping for that feeling of imagination that would run through her bones and make her excited. That feeling that made her feel happy, even though she rarely was. That amazing feeling that made her feel like she wasn't as alone as she felt, that she had hundreds of people waiting to love her.

Her eyes roamed the water below, waiting for that feeling. Suddenly she felt it, not the feeling, but something else that put her aching mind to rest.

She saw her sorrow in the river. It reflected it perfectly, but somehow, hidden behind it was a smile and laugh. She
sighed, feeling slightly content.

The water was beautiful and so was she.She smiled, then laughed. She had the overwhelming urge to run , jump and be immersed in the dark water and experience it, what the water felt.

She looked at the water, longing to talk to it and tell it how she felt, but she couldn't. What would everyone else think If she started babbling on to no one.

It didn't matter though. It was okay now. She sighed and laughed. She wasn't alone anymore, she had a friend. She had a lovely friend, dancing right below her, waiting for her to talk, because it would listen. It would listen to her every word.

Now she feels better.



**Jocelyn**

1 comments:

  1. ... said...:

    'It was depressing, being alone. It felt like no one else knew how it felt and never would. And worse of all, it felt like it would always be that way. She would always feel completely alone, no one near her, even in a building with hundreds.'

    Yes I do know how hard it is to type on a iPod Touch.

    This paragraph is exactly how I feel. I started blogging because I wanted people to hear me out, people who didn't know me and wouldn't judge me. For me, it's hard to trust people, because I'm always afraid of being hurt. I don't trust my friends with everything, even though I've known a few of them half my life.

    The internet is a good way to just be free to express yourself and it's good that you blog and just let everything out.

    I feel ya, sis. You're not alone.

Post a Comment